[sr-dev] Proposal: New Dialog Module Design

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Sat Mar 20 16:46:44 CET 2010

>> OK -- just wondered if some new facts invalidated the single-dialog approach
>> by now. Glad to hear that's not the case. :)
>>
>> I will extend the wiki page on that issue as soon as I find some spare time.
>
> I think it would be better if the wiki page contains a single
> proposal, without offering choices as these choices could be discussed
> here (I could be wrong, of course).
>
> What I mean is that, if the unique dialog approach (when spiral
> occurs) is definitely better than the multiple dialogs approach, then
> let's modify it in the wiki :)
>
> The question would be, is there somebody who prefers the spiral
> multiple dialogs approach? why?

Does this new design takes in consideration the modules that are on
top of the existing dialog module?
For instance the qos module is keeping track of the media endpoints
for the dialog.
As I pointed out in a previous e-mail, in a spiral case when P2 is
proxying the media, the SDP for the first INVITE that is hitting P1
will be different then the SDP for the second INVITE that is hitting
P1 and in this case the single dialog approach will not work.

UA1 --> P1 --> P2 --> P1 --> UA2

In any case, I would prefer to keep the existing dialog module as is
and any new work to be done in a new module.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas