[sr-dev] Proposal: New Dialog Module Design

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Mar 20 14:49:23 CET 2010

2010/3/20 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:

>> OK -- just wondered if some new facts invalidated the single-dialog approach
>> by now. Glad to hear that's not the case. :)
>>
>> I will extend the wiki page on that issue as soon as I find some spare time.
>

> What I mean is that, if the unique dialog approach (when spiral
> occurs) is definitely better than the multiple dialogs approach, then
> let's modify it in the wiki :)
>
> The question would be, is there somebody who prefers the spiral
> multiple dialogs approach? why?

Ok, good and bad news: I've re-read the entire thread and realized of
the following complex case:

---------------------
UA1 --> P1 --> P2 --> P1 --> UA2
Now, UA2 rejects the call, but P2 decides to reroute the call to an IVR
UA1 --> P1 --> P2 --> IVR
What will be the state of the dialog on P1?
-----------------------

I've taken such example from the thread:
  http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2010-March/006397.html

So I've changed the wiki page in order to expose a single dialog
approach when spiral occurs. It's definitely better as you said.
However I've found an important bug which is not solved in any of the
suggested proposals.

Please check the new "spiral" example I've writen (the same as the
above complex flow) in which the new issue arises and let me know your
opinion for the proposed fix:

  http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/dialog-stateful:new-dialog-module-design#spiral

Regards.

--