[sr-dev] Proposal: New Dialog Module Design

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Fri Mar 19 15:22:06 CET 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, due to the long thread about "improving the dialog module"
> (http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2010-March/006378.html)
> I've decided to create a wiki page in Kamailio's web site in order to
> propose a new design for the module.
>
> Please check it:
>
>   http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/dialog-stateful:new-dialog-module-design

Hello Iñaki,

I have a small question regarding a spiral case.

If I got everything correct the proxy will create 2 dialog_in entries
one for the original INVITE and one for the spiraled one (*NOTE*: Even
if a spiral remains being the same dialog, from the point of view of the
Dialog module a new dialog is generated when same INVITE arrives again
to the proxy after doing a spiral. ).  When a >100 answer is received
from the caller, 2 dialog_out entries will be created (one for each
dialog_in value). These two  out dialogs will have the same to_tag but
refer to different dialog_in ids (the one of the INVITE and the one of
the spiraled INVITE).

If a final answer is received (a 200 OK) how will the dialog module know
to match the reply to the correct dialog_out, having in mind that the
match is done via to_tag?

Greetings
Marius