[sr-dev] building flavours

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 12:44:14 CET 2010

Hello,

I was thinking to get an easy way to build flavours completely out of
the same source tree, one of the benefits is to have only one branch for
future releases.

make FLAVOUR=abc cfg

does most of the job. The missing pieces are manual pages and some doc
files (e.g., INSTALL).

My idea is to restructure a bit the pkg content:

pkg:

+--- default -+-- docs (Install, man pages, etc)
|             |

+--- abc -----+-- docs (Install, man pages, etc)

|             +-- debian
|             +-- rpm
|             +-- ...

make FLAVOUR=... cfg

will copy the docs files from pkg/flavour/docs in source tree root.
'default' can be 'sip-router' to match the flavours values right now.

In source tree root plan have README.first where to mention to run make
cfg (which is called anyhow by simple 'make') first to get INSTALL, etc ...

Other opinions?

* http://www.asipto.com/