[sr-dev] improving the dialog module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 18 10:31:33 CET 2010

>>   UAC --------------->  P1 ----------->  P2 -------------->  P1
>> ---------------->  UAS
>
> Dialog creation in dialog module is based on tm's transactions. Thus I guess
> a second dialog is created.

Well, I'm trying to figure a new design for dialog module [*] so I
don't care too much how the dialog module is implemented right now :)

> Interesting would be how the in-dialog requests are mapped to the dialog - here a RR-cookie would be needed to find the
> proper dialog structure.

Yes, that's the point, the in-dialog requests. The only way is by
inspecting the route-set of the request but this involver ugly SIP URI
comparisons. But this can be really simpliffied using RR-cookies as RR
module already uses, right?
If not, the dialog hash_id could be added to the Record-Route during
loose_route().

Thanks.

[*] http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/dialog-stateful:new-dialog-module-design
(work in progress...)