[sr-dev] Rtpproxy/Kamailio modification to support high capacity encryption, transcoding

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Tue Mar 16 23:58:22 CET 2010

Hello,

First of all, i apologize for double posting on Kamilio users and
sr-dev. I wrongly posted Kamailio users mailing list.

We're making initial modifications to rtpproxy to support high channel
capacity transcoding and encryption.

At this point we want to get some general idea of the scope of changes
needed for rtpproxy and Kamailio... so we're starting with small steps.

We've been studying rtpproxy source and our current thinking is to add a
sub-structure to the existing rtpp_session structure (defined in
rtpp_session.h). The new sub-structure would include:

   -encryption options (type, key length,
    salt size, type of key mgt protocol, etc)

   -encode / decode options (type, VAD/CNG,
    VIF size, etc)

Any comments or advice on this approach appreciated.

Not sure whether to start a separate thread, but also there is the issue
of what changes are necessary to Kamailio to support sending updated
commands to rtpproxy. Would modifying Nathelper alone be sufficient?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram.

PS : I'm posting on Kamailio's mailing list because it seems that both
Kamailio and rtpproxy developers closely follow this list.