[sr-dev] improving the dialog module

Timo Reimann Timo.Reimann at 1und1.de
Sat Mar 13 01:36:58 CET 2010

> > > UA1 --> P1 --> P2 --> P1 -->UA2
> > >
> > > Are you suggesting that one single dialog should be kept in the
> > > proxy server P1?
> >
> > If the request message that is routed in this path is just the same with
> > respect to the dialog ID (excluding the To-tag which does not exist at
> > this point as Klaus pointed out), then I do suggest it should be the
> > same dialog.
>
> i agree with ovidiu here, i.e., there should be two dialogs in P1.
> also, i don't understand why the second dialog should remain dangling
> until cleanup, because BYE will pass P1 twice and would terminate both
> dialogs.

The dangling dialog occurs due to insufficient dialog matching capabilities
in the current dialog module. As Ovidiu explained in his last mail, a more
strict matching logic could make sure that the right dialog is chosen,
thereby not depending on long timeouts getting triggered.

However, I still do not see what the benefit of having separate dialogs in
the particular case described is, and also believe that there is at least
another major drawback. Let me outline that in the other thread...

--Timo