[sr-dev] handling failed t_relay() when multiple usr locations

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 8 21:55:41 CET 2010

El Lunes 08 Marzo 2010, Alex Balashov escribió:
> But when does t_relay() itself ever fail due to endpoint reachability
> issues?  I think t_relay() only fails for formal reasons, like host
> name lookup failure, invalid address format, etc?  Otherwise, it
> returns success;  if the endpoint is not reachable, the transaction
> simply times out.  If this is the case, branch route does get called.

In case of error, the function returns the following codes:
-1 - generic internal error
-2 - bad message (parsing errors)
-3 - no destination available (no branches were added or request already
cancelled)
-4 - bad destination (unresolvable address)
-5 - destination filtered (black listed)
-6 - generic send failed

> Is this not the case?

I'll check it right now :)

--