[sr-dev] Delayed branches?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jun 30 21:20:09 CEST 2010

2010/6/30 Nathan Angelacos <nangelacos at genericconf.com>:
> I am not an expert, and my experience is with kamailio 1.5, but it seems
> that from your initial contact lookup you should have 3 contacts with
> different q values.
>
> For example, if we were building it by hand, it might be:
>
>        append_branch ("ua-a at foo.com", "0.9")
>        append_branch ("ua-b at bar.com", "0.5")
>        append_branch ("ua-c at baz.com", "0.2")
>

> You'd just make sure that you *additionally* had:
>        append_branch ("ua-a at foo.com", "0.5")
>
>        append_branch ("ua-a at foo.com", "0.2")
>        append_branch ("ua-b at bar.com", "0.2")
>
> When you do the t_load_contacts, it would sort all the branches into 3 sets
> (0.9, 0.5, 0.2), with increasing numbers of contacts (a, a+b, a+b+c)
>
> your failure route just re-arms itself and loads the next group of contacts:
> failure_route[1] {
>        t_on_failure("1");
>        if (t_next_contacts()) {
>                t_relay();

It would be a bit ugly as the proxy would generate 3 consecutive calls
to UA-A (3 missed calls in UA-A) and two to UA-B.

Isn't there something like route_timer in 3.X? In this way a timer
could be armed for the first branch so the second would be generated
and so on.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>