[sr-dev] sr_3.0 branch: git screaming while trying to cherry-pick

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Sat Jun 26 10:12:30 CEST 2010

El Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:54:57 +0200
Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul <andrei at iptel.org> escribió:

> It's because a directory was changes into a symlink with the same name
> (and git is not very happy when the name is preserved but a directory is
> changes into a symlink or a file, or viceversa).

> (and you'll have to repeat it for any cherry-pick for a commit after the
>  debian-lenny changes)

Any way of permanently reverting this? We could create the debian-lenny
directory again and erase the symlink. Just replacing the symlink with a copy
of "debian" would fix the problem, right?

It's not the perfect solution, but I think it's better to keep track of two
folders under the kamailio_3.0 branch and manually syncing them than having to
make resets every time you need to merge from master.