[sr-dev] PostgreSQL problems with Kamailio_3.0.2

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.feichtinger at gmx.net
Wed Jun 23 22:02:59 CEST 2010

According information I found in the PostgreSQL manual, the data type
"BYTEA" is already representing a postgres-like binary data format.

Excerpt of the documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-binary.html):
"The bytea data type allows storage of binary strings. [...] The SQL
standard defines a different binary string type, called BLOB or BINARY
LARGE OBJECT. The input format is different from bytea, but the provided
functions and operators are mostly the same."

"Real" BLOB (according SQL definition) is therefore not supported by
postgres. This page (documentation of binary data types) includes
examples of literal escaped octets, too. Maybe is is helpful for developers.

Klaus