No subject

Mon Jul 5 11:16:31 CEST 2010

USE_CORE_STATS will enable event callbacks (sr_event_exec)
_for_ _each_ use.
I don't have anything against migrating them to use directly counters
and then having them enabled by default (right now they do all this
extra stuff that is not needed anymore).

STATISTICS seem to enable only the statistics inside modules/sl.
While module/sl could also be migrated to counters (very easily, only
the help text would need some time), the performance impact is almost
non-existent so I have nothing against enabling it.

> WITH_AS_SUPPORT enables extra api in TM, iirc this would be needed
> at least by seas module.

That I am not sure. I don't think that the 1 or 2 modules that need it
justify having it enabled by default (for one thing the transaction size
will slightly increase). So far my impression is that modules that
depend on WITH_AS_SUPPORT are seldom used, in specialized application
(but please correct me if I am wrong).

> Anyone with pro/cons?

Speaking of statistics we could try re-enabling stats.[ch] (after
re-basing it on counters), and updating tm stats, dns stats and sl stats
to use counters (it would be nicer to have all the stats from
the same interface, with associated help and auto-generated
documentation).
Unfortunately I don't think we have time for it (leave them for 3.1.1
?).

Andrei