[sr-dev] kamailio gets frozen when rsyslog-mysql cannot send the SQL query

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Jul 29 17:41:47 CEST 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > in fact kamailio have already such a solution since 1.5.0:
> >
> > - non-blocking logging
> >  * support for non-blocking log writes to prevent blocking of the server
> > in certain error situations
> >  * can be enabled by setting the SYSLOG_ASYNC define in the
> > Makefile.defs, the default is the old implementation
> >
> > We implemented it sometimes in the past because of a somewhat similar
> > issue. There is maybe still one bug left (need to dig for the report..),
> > but in general it should work fine. I'm not sure if we ported this to sr,
> > but should be not that hard.
>
> Ops, I didn't know it!
> Do you use it in production?

Hi Iñaki,

we planned to use it during some time were we needed some extensive logging on
balancer class systems. But in the end we don't needed it, and don't use it so
far. But the implementation should be straightforward, its a bit easier than
you suggested - it just throw away log lines if some internal buffer is
filled.

Cheers,

Henning