[sr-dev] Makefile troubles

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jul 21 12:51:09 CEST 2010

On Jul 21, 2010 at 10:24, Timo Reimann <timo.reimann at 1und1.de> wrote:
> Hey Daniel,

> >> Frankly, I feel similar about 3.0's build system. When I build sr the
> >> other day I too had the impression that docs and Makefiles don't match
> >> up nicely. IMHO, Kamailio 1.5's way of building was more intuitive.
> >>

> > maybe the confusions come now from multiple directories storing the
> > modules, in some cases you would need to use the name of the directory
> >
> > One of the features of the new makefile system is the ability to
> > remember settings by two generated config files:
> > - config.mak
> > - modules.lst
> >
> > In this way is not needed to give all command line parameters to make
> > and make install everytime.
>
> Ah ok, good to know.
>
> So is there still a way to disregard those two files for a specific Make
> run and use parameters given on the command-line only? Or do you always
> have to edit config.mak and modules.lst?

Some parameters can override those saved.
Everything you see in modules.lst can be overridden from the command
line. The most useful ones are probably: include_modules and skip_modules.
For config.mak, the most useful overrides/additions are Q, CPU,
CC_EXTRA_OPTS (additional CC opts), BASEDIR, PREFIX and possibly
CFLAGS_RM and CFLAGS.

Andrei