[sr-dev] Makefile troubles

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:55:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 7/20/10 10:50 AM, Timo Reimann wrote:
> Hey Olle,
>

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> Friends, I feel like an idiot. I've been trying to compile Kamailio
>> 3.0.2 with presence for  hours. I have edited make files, read the
>> INSTALL and tried many things... I just can't get it.
>>
>> I think something is wrong in the build system and the documentation.
>> I will fight a bit more to get some more detailed information for you
>> to work with, but it worries me that I can't figure this out by
>> myself. Something propably needs to change to make Kamailio more
>> "oej-compatible" ;-)
>>
> Frankly, I feel similar about 3.0's build system. When I build sr the
> other day I too had the impression that docs and Makefiles don't match
> up nicely. IMHO, Kamailio 1.5's way of building was more intuitive.

maybe the confusions come now from multiple directories storing the
modules, in some cases you would need to use the name of the directory
> As a more constructive note: Have you tried applying either
>
>    modules="module1 module2 ..."
>
> or
>
>    include_modules="module1 module2 ..."
>
> possibly prefixing modules from the k or s part with the respective
> directory path? I know that some combination worked out for me;
> unfortunately, I cannot remember which one it was.

Here is a way I use more and more:

- do: make cfg
- edit the generated file: modules.lst
- tune there what modules you want to compile/install
- then just to: make all, make install

There is also a wiki page for new makefile system, feel free to add there:

http://sip-router.org/wiki/tutorials/makefile-system

One of the features of the new makefile system is the ability to
remember settings by two generated config files:
- config.mak
- modules.lst

In this way is not needed to give all command line parameters to make
and make install everytime.

http://www.asipto.com/