[sr-dev] Makefile troubles

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jul 19 18:21:52 CEST 2010

Friends,
I feel like an idiot. I've been trying to compile Kamailio 3.0.2 with presence for  hours. I have edited make files, read the INSTALL and tried many things...
I just can't get it.

I run "make" to compile everything, then "make modules" and then "make install" - when running make install it still compiles a lot of files, which feels wrong. They should have been compiled in "make".

In some cases running "make" twice without changing anything else than one module in the make file, kamailio still recompiles a lot of files. That indicates bad dependencies to me.

I think something is wrong in the build system and the documentation. I will fight a bit more to get some more detailed information for you to work with,
but it worries me that I can't figure this out by myself. Something propably needs to change to make Kamailio more "oej-compatible" ;-)

My pua module still hasn't compiled, even though I did run this command (quote from INSTALL):

-compile all the modules from the modules subdirectory (even the one excluded
by default):

make exclude_modules="" modules-all

Hmmmm.
/O