[sr-dev] [dialog MI dlg_end_dlg] error when terminating a dialog in state 2 (never removed from memory)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jul 12 19:27:57 CEST 2010

2010/7/12 Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>:
> On Monday 12 July 2010, Timo Reimann wrote:
>> [..]
>> However, the latter is something to be done in future dialog module. To
>> prevent any kind of leakage in the current implementation, my proposed
>> fix would be to
>>
>> (1) Deny proxy-initiated dialog termination unless the call is in the
>>     "confirmed" state and
>
> Hi Timo,
>
> so if understand correctly this should fix the leak that was reported, as the
> refcnt should be then not increased prior it comes to this invalid internal
> state.

I think so.

>> (2) always decrement the reference counter during BYE response handling.
>
> But why is this additionally necessary?

AFAIU ("U" = understand X-D) he means that after the proxy generates
the BYE it should inmediately decrease the reference counter without
waiting for the response.

> Does this apply to the handling of all BYEs?

Good question. Let me ask another question (the same in other words):

When a BYE is received in Kamailio, is the dialog terminated when the
BYE is processed? or when the BYE receives a 2XX? what about if the
BYE receives a [3456]XX response (or no response at all)?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>