[sr-dev] LCR (1.5.4) dissables gws without logging it ¿?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jul 8 14:35:29 CEST 2010

Hi, at the same time the other problem has occured in my server
("bogus event 7 in state 2 for dlg") something very annoying has also
happened related to LCR module:

I have two gws configured with monitor=1 in the gw table. No problems
at all until now when the traffic of the server has been increased
from ~700 to ~1200 concurrent calls.

At some moment load_gw() started returning -1 (no gateways available)
which just can mean that both gateways had been detected has offline
(no good reply to OPTIONS or not reply at all). But this is annoying
as in my logs I don't see the expected lcr NOTICE message, something
like:

  NOTICE:lcr:gw_set_state: trunk "X.X.X.X:5060" from group: <1> is OFFLINE!
  NOTICE:lcr:gw_set_state: trunk "X.X.X.X:5060" from group: <2> is OFFLINE!

This is, there are no such messages in my logs! However, after 1-2
minutes I see these messages:

  NOTICE:lcr:gw_set_state: trunk "X.X.X.X:5060" from group: <1> is ONLINE!
  NOTICE:lcr:gw_set_state: trunk "X.X.X.X:5060" from group: <2> is ONLINE!

How is it possible? there must be something wrong here as it's not
possible LCR not to log the OFFLINE status of the gateways but just
the ONLINE status.
However, all of these problems have arise 3 minutes after my Monit has
sent my a alert due to the CPU usage in the server (40.5% when usually
it's 5-8%).

Thanks for any help.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo