[sr-dev] tcp quick connect is not done reliably

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Jul 2 00:10:26 CEST 2010

2010/7/1 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>> Isn't a bug in Twinle (even if I realized of it using Twinkle and K
>> 1.5 with SIP TCP)? This is: what is the TCP difference between the
>> SUBSCRIBE sent by Twinkle before and after restarting it?
>
> inaki,
>
> i didn't understand your reply.  the quick connect is done to a fixed
> tcp address by sip proxy when it forwards subscribe to presence server.
> how can initial subscriber sent by twinkle to sip proxy affect it?

Ok, I didn't know your scenario correctly, but neither now:

So Twinkle uses TCP to connect to the proxy and the proxy uses TCP to
connect to the presence server, am I right?
And you say that, in case of restarting the *proxy* an in-dialog
SUBSCRIBE from twinkle doesn't arrive to the presence server due to
the error you showed, am I right?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo