[sr-dev] merging back to master branch

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Jan 13 17:32:16 CET 2010

On Jan 12, 2010 at 13:47, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the recommended way to merge back into master branch the fixes
> done in 3.0 releases?

git merge --log --no-ff origin/sr_3.0

(the long version it's documented on
 http://sip-router.org/wiki/git/merge-into-master ).

> The master is now behind of sr_3.0 and kamailio_3.0 with many fixes.

I've just merged sr_3.0 into master.

> kamailio_3.0 should be pretty much sync'ed with sr_3.0, but has some
> kamailio specific updates that need to be discussed before pushing to
> master.

To see the differences you can use:
git log --oneline --left-right --cherry-pick origin/sr_3.0...origin/kamailio_3.0 | grep "^>"
This will skip over cherry-picked commits.
There are 139 commits on k_3.0 which are not on sr_3.0. Some of them are
false positives (e.g. version number changes).

> I think fixes in modules_k can get bulk in master, for the rest I will
> try to compile a summary.

Please cherry-pick anything that should go into modules_k or is obvious. When
the list gets smaller we can start discussing them individually. I think
 that almost all the core & tm changes should go to sr_3.0 too, but it
 might be better to review them one more time.

Andrei