[sr-dev] Kamailio (OpenSER) v3.0.0 Released

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:38:24 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

after ten months since previous major release 1.5.0, I am glad to
announce that Kamailio (OpenSER) v3.0.0 is out.

It is a special release, being the first based on SIP Router project.
Along with new things developed during the past months, you can blend
features and modules provided by previous versions of Kamailio (OpenSER)
and SIP Express Router (SER) in same configuration file. Given these,
3.0.0 offers an impressive number of new features and improvements, read
release notes at:

http://www.kamailio.org/mos/view/Kamailio-OpenSER-v3.0.0-Release-Notes

Wiki page with more details about what is new:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/features:new-in-3.0.x

The tarball with sources:
http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/latest/src/

Binary packages for several distributions:
http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/latest/bin/
http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/latest/packages/

Modules' documentation:
- http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/
Cookbooks and more wiki docs:
- http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/
Migration guidelines:
- http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:1.5.x-to-3.0.0

 From Kamailio project point of view, this is the first major milestone
accomplished within SIP Router project, proving its viability. The work
done so far, to offer the features brought out by this release, together
with the development teams working together, make the future of the SIP
Router project very solid.

I would like to thank to everybody that contributed to get SIP Router
project at this stage and I am eager to get to next major release from
it source tree -- the work will continue in order to offer a more tight
integration of Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Express Router (SER) projects,
of course, along with development of new features.