[sr-dev] How to add moules ( make deb) under different dir

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Feb 22 22:30:58 CET 2010

On Feb 22, 2010 at 21:37, Min Wang <wang at basis-audionet.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to compile openims ( make deb) under sip-router.
>

> Here is what I did:
>
> (1) Copy these modules cdp/pcscf etc to modules_osims
>
> (2) Then change Makefile.dirs
>
> modules_dirs= modules modules_s modules_k modules_osims
>
> (3) change pkg/debian/rules:
>
> MDIRS=modules modules_s modules_k modules_osims
>
> And  add  modules_osims to
> define PACKAGE_MODULE_INSTALL_template
>                 $(MAKE) install-modules-all modules="$(mod)" \
>                                 modules_s="" modules_k=""
> modules_osims="" \
> as well
>
> (4) Then make deb, it seems nothing under modules_osims got compiled,

Yes, the deb building by default builds only the "standard" module
group, the module groups listed in PACKAGE_GROUPS and the individual
modules listed in MODULES_SP.

> Then I add modules_osims/cdp etc to ruls file:
>
> 	MODULES_SP=  ... modules_osims/cdp ...
>
> (Not sure if need to add to PACKAGE_GROUPS?)

You could add package groups, but then you need to add a group to the
main Makefile (e.g. module_group_osim= cdp pcscf ).

>      Now the files under modules_osims got compiled, but no seperated
> module-deb files  generated for those modules.

You need also to add a package entry in debian/control (just copy &
paste and existing Package entry and make sure the name matches).

>      ser_2.99.0-dev01_i386.deb
>      ser-db-modules_2.99.0-dev01_i386.deb
>
>      Inside the ser_2.99.0-dev01_i386.deb there is no moduels from
> modules_osims.

Andrei