[sr-dev] About new debugger module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:14:03 CET 2010

Hello,

On 2/11/10 7:06 PM, Marius Zbihlei wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't see a problem with the malloc's as performance is out of the
> question.

not performance, but fragmentation. I wouldn't like chopping the sip
worker memory.

> I don't think anyone tries to do profiling with the debugger module.
> It might be a problem with the user that has ownership of the pointer.
> I've try with some static buffer but this tends to get complicated as
> recursive calls are made to the printing function.
>
>  I don't know about your suggestion for a simplified action_info
> struct. The problem with the size of the patch is that kamailio
> support expression is actions, which can have there own action list
> and such on. Probably it will be better not to touch the route_* files
> in core, just duplicate the print mechanism in modules/debugger. This
> will allow for some rather nice optimization (I don't need to handle
> both the DBG() case and the debugger output case) and support only the
> necessary bits.

The debugger stops at action evaluation, so I haven't considered
printing the expression. The list of action_info was supposed to be in
debugger module for what I started, but no time to finish it. You patch
extended the idea in my mind to make it available everywhere and use it
in core.