[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Users] ratelimit enhancements

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Feb 2 16:32:23 CET 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010, Jan Janak wrote:
> > > I'm in favor of keeping this module as a db only module.  Combining
> > > both init methods (param and db config) is messy due to the current
> > > module initialization (the shm mem is not available during the param
> > > parsing). For small/embedded systems db_text is always a viable
> > > alternative.
> >
> > Hello Ovidiu,
> >
> > i did not reviewed the code yet, but some people also like to run their
> > balancers without a database to avoid this additional complexity.
>
> Yes, from what I have seen having load balancers without database is
>  common. Right now we could probably use db_text module for such setups.

Hi Jan,

yes, this could be used, of course. But for now i'd like to keep the old
simple setup with just a configuration file. ;)

> In the future having a driver for Sqlite or berkeleydb would be a better
> option. Both Sqlite and Berkeley DB databases appear to be reasonably fast
>  for such setups and they require no special or complicated setup.

There is a native berkeleydb driver in kamailio, and I used sqlite for testing
with the db_unixodbc driver, but i'm not sure how the state of this is now in
the sip-router repository. Marius, did you tested the unixodbc cases with the
unit tests?

Henning