[sr-dev] sip_msg changes - proposal

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:38:22 CET 2010

Hello,

some months ago (iirc) we had a discussion about the sip_msg structure
and the fact that it has too many header hooks, some for pretty uncommon
or not really used inside sip router code.

I spotted
- subject
- accept_language
- content_disposition
- accept_disposition
- unsupported
- organization
- diversion (expired draft?)

The list can continue a bit ... I was thinking to replace them with a
call of get_hdr_by_name|type() kind of function. The benefit will be
lower structure.

On the other hand, I would add a new field to hold the pid of the
process that received the message. There are some potential races by
using only id to identify a message, especially in serial forking.

Opinions?

eLearning class for Kamailio 3.0.0
Starting Feb 8, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/