[sr-dev] Kamailio rls module issues

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 18:11:40 CET 2010

On 12/15/10 3:55 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Am 15.12.2010 14:31, schrieb Juha Heinanen:
>> Klaus Darilion writes:
>>
>>> guess we should port some bugfixes
>>> http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips?view=revision&revision=5038
>>>

>> klaus,
>>
>> there are tons of those.  in the beginning i tried to keep track, but it
>> looked like no-one else in sr community was interested in presence, so i
>> gave up and started to use opensips as my presence server.  opensips too
>
> That might be a valuable solution. On the other hand Kamailio as an
> embedded XCAP server which I like.
>
>> has its shortcomings, such as lack of oma support in xcap authorization,
>
> What exactly is missing? What kind of authorization is needed for OMA
> support?
>
>> but looks like it is being active developed on.  it would take couple of
>> sr people full time for at least half a year to catch up.
>
> I guess if people like me do it: yes. :-)
>
> If a core developer would do it I think it would be faster.
the bug you reported regarding the contact I remember that was reported
to me and I guess it was fixed. I will double check to see if something
is still wrong there.

Most of the presence modules for kamailio are working fine -- I have
running presence services on couple servers and nobody reported any
issue so far. rls is not easy to test as not many have support for it. I
paid bria license for mac os x and it is full of bugs, I reported an
issue about two months ago and got no answer so far.

Like Inaki said, not sure how many operators will invest much more in
SIMPLE "crazy extensions" (even the ietf group is not much active
lately), but the core presence specification should work fine with
kamailio these days.

About one year ago I did quite some fixes, so looking to see if there
are any ports from forks might not be wise. It is better to directly
report the issue and I can take care. To my knowledge, Alex Hermann
reported some potential race when sending requests via tm on sourceforge
tracker with a patch, but was not providing the proper fix - I should
review that issue as well.

Kamailio (OpenSER) Advanced Training
Jan 24-26, 2011, Irvine, CA, USA
http://www.asipto.com