[sr-dev] updating binaries without server crash

Wed Dec 15 15:51:23 CET 2010

Hi!

When updating binaries of Kamailio (e.g. replacing a module) Kamailio
immediately shuts down, e.g.:

: <core> [pass_fd.c:293]: ERROR: receive_fd: EOF on 14
ALERT: <core> [main.c:741]: child process 15490 exited by a signal 11

When I update Asterisk I can replace the binaries and Asterisk keeps
still running. This is very convenient as the service disruption is much
shorter.

I wonder how Kamailio detects that the binaries were replaced. I suspect
it has something to do how the modules are loaded (seems like the fd is
still open). Is this a feature? Is it possible to change it (to be
similar to Asterisk)?

regards
Klaus