[sr-dev] Moving from 1.3.4

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Tue Dec 7 11:15:37 CET 2010

On 11/30/2010 11:06 AM, Andrew O. Zhukov wrote:
> Need your suggestion. I'm just comletely satisfied of openser 1.3.4
> fuction set.
> However, it's going down too recently(3-5 times per month) in the last
> half year. Some of gdb output applyed.
>
> Can you suggest me the best stabile version for relocation.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The 1.3.4 version is pretty old, haven't use that in a while. The bugs ,
IMHO, will be marked as will-not-fix because the version is so ancient
and not maintained. The current release 3.1 is stable, but if you don't
want to go through the hassle of updating to 3.x version you can use
1.5.5. I, for example, kept pushing patches to the latest 1.5. This will
be the last 1.5 release so moving to 3.1 might be better for you.

If you keep using 1.5 then
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:1.3.x-to-1.4.0 and the
1.4.0 to 1.5.0 migration guide should give you a heads up on what were
the changes: mostly db, some modules interfaces (siputils,
carrierroute).The difficulty of migration depends greatly on your config.

Marius