[sr-dev] modules/db_berkeley fails to compile with libdb4.5-dev or below

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Mon Aug 30 16:24:59 CEST 2010

Jon Bonilla wrote:
> El Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:03:55 +0300
> marius zbihlei <marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro> escribió:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Both on master and kamailio_3.0:
>>
>> CC (gcc) [M db_berkeley.so] bdb_res.o
>> bdb_res.c: In function ‘bdb_res_free’:
>> bdb_res.c:51: error: ‘DBC’ has no member named ‘close’
>> make: *** [bdb_res.o] Error 1
>>
>> After checking the documentation, it seems that a function that works
>> and closes a cursor for versions > 4.2 is c_close(), but this is marked
>> as deprecated in 4.6, where the close() alternative is also present .
>> c_close() is still used in several places. My thoughts : either we
>> replace DBC->close() with DBC->c_close() or , keeping in mind
>> DB_VERSION, we use both c_close() or close() depending on the version on
>> the system.
>>

> It's a known bug. It's in the tracker some time ago #76
>
> It would be great to be solved although Berkeley db < 4.6 seems quite old.

Hello

Never occurred to look thru the bug tracker. I have made a patch that
based on DB_VERSION_MAJOR and DB_VERSION_MINOR decides between c_close()
and the new API close(). Also the same discussion for the other c_
function like c_get().

Have a look at commit 9d8d30c and tell if you spot something weird. I
have tested with libdb4.5(c_close) and libdb4.6(close) and now it
compiles without problems

Cheers,
Marius