[sr-dev] modules/db_berkeley fails to compile with libdb4.5-dev or below

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Mon Aug 30 13:03:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

Both on master and kamailio_3.0:

CC (gcc) [M db_berkeley.so] bdb_res.o
bdb_res.c: In function ‘bdb_res_free’:
bdb_res.c:51: error: ‘DBC’ has no member named ‘close’
make: *** [bdb_res.o] Error 1

After checking the documentation, it seems that a function that works
and closes a cursor for versions > 4.2 is c_close(), but this is marked
as deprecated in 4.6, where the close() alternative is also present .
c_close() is still used in several places. My thoughts : either we
replace DBC->close() with DBC->c_close() or , keeping in mind
DB_VERSION, we use both c_close() or close() depending on the version on
the system.

Ideas?

Marius