[sr-dev] dlg_end_dlg and early dialog

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Wed Aug 11 10:34:30 CEST 2010

Hey Jason,

On 11.08.2010 07:48, Jason Penton wrote:
> I'd like to try and add the functionality to be able to CANCEL an early
> dialog when dlg_end_dlg is called. At the moment we cannot terminate an
> early dialog through MI interface. Do any of you have any
> tips/pointers/ideas before I start?

You may want to take a look at the new dialog module proposal

http://www.kamailio.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:dialog-module-design#proxy-initiated_dialog_termination

especially the section on "proxy-initiated dialog termination"

http://www.kamailio.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:dialog-module-design#proxy-initiated_dialog_termination

Basically, what you'd need to do in the first place is have the dialog
module keep track of all early dialogs being established. When you issue
a CANCEL, the module should iterate through the list of early dialogs
and send out a CANCEL for each.

I haven't sorted out the gory details myself yet and I'm a little
pressed on time right now so I have to leave you with this for the
moment. I'll try to get back to this as soon as time permits.

Cheers,

--Timo