[sr-dev] INumWare: inum users conference

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:54:05 CEST 2010

Hello,

spam is a bit tough from my point of view, but indeed can be
inappropriate for this list from other point of view.

I consider being spam an email coming from a not valid user of our
community, otherwise is just some off-topic message that can be directed
to the proper place.

However, in this particular case the issue I see is lack of details
related to development. The difference between a spam and a good email
stands in the content. If someone does not provide short description to
gain immediately the attention of usefulness but just some links is
more-or-less like a spam.

So, some guidelines for anyone in the future (just in order to avoid me
saying is a spam) try to include a bit of description how the event is
related to target audience:
- is a face to face/online meeting where can be discussed how to develop
support in SIP applications
- there are other community members coming and there can be a social
event for community
- is new/cool stuff happening there a developer/user should not miss
- a.s.o.

Again, this is my perception and do not try to limit the others, at the
end of the day is everyone's feeling, they can express it, is an open
non-moderated list for its members. In case someone goes far beyond
common sense, that can be debated in management.

The business mailing list is clearly targeting commercial relations,
which is relative as well. For example, personally I do not see
announcements related to admin/developer positions as off-topic, the
benefit returns to the project with potential new contributions and
larger community if members find a revenue stream that fits them. It is
nothing about selling/buying...

So I believe the best is to try to be on-topic of the mailing list and
provide a proper content inside the message for that, of course, tied to
common sense and fair attitude.

http://www.asipto.com/