[sr-dev] Patches to get proper status code in daemonize mode

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Apr 20 14:05:34 CEST 2010

2010/4/20 Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> i've not yet looked into your patch, if its not that invasive and fairly easy
> to implement (as mentioned in later messages) its fine with me. Implementing
> it in the init script would be indeed more like a workaround. It would not
> help in the case when the daemon gets started directly.

Hi Henning, IMHO it's not invasive (in fact I've seen similar pipe
mechanism in other servers).
Please take a look to the patches (is very few code).
However note that Marius has fixed a small bug (a fd closed twice by
the main process) and has also added a select() to allow timeout when
the parent process reads from the pipe.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo