[sr-dev] Patches to get proper status code in daemonize mode

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Tue Apr 20 10:27:05 CEST 2010

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>  > Sure, it's a server software and that's the reason that return codes
>  > must be precise.
>
> i agree with inaki here.  in order to to be able to write accurate init
> scripts, the return codes must be accurate.
>
> -- juha

Also the patch from Inaki is fairly small and easy to understand. With
the timeout I only tried to catch some really rather obscure corner
cases(don't even know if they can happen), so IMHO this behavior has to
be also enabled in the daemon. Another benefit is that testing script
will catch the exact status of the daemon, so no only the init.d scripts
will benefit from it, other testing and management tools might also use
this.

(I am thinking at our own test suites that would benefit from this)

Greetings all,

Marius