[sr-dev] new dialog module design: tm trigger for dialog management

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 15 16:16:08 CEST 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/4/15 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
>> 2010/4/15 Timo Reimann <timo.reimann at 1und1.de>:
>>> Alright. Let me know when you found the time to dig it out.
>> This is the thread. I must re-read it:
>> https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2008-August/020028.html
>
> The conclusion is easy:
>
> The 200 must contain Record-Route and Contact so the Dialog module
> shuld just care about such fields in the 2XX response.
> Anyhow, for information purposes, it could extract these fields from
> provisional responses and set the dialog_out entries according.

What about terminating early dialogs using the MI interface? Assuming
that a provisional response carried a Contact header and no final
response was sent yet, it seems to me that terminating such an early
dialog would only be possible if the dialog module actually stored the
header. This is beyond purely informational purposes.

On the other hand, I don't think terminating early dialogs isn't
supported by the current implementation anyway. Changing that would just
mean another feature, making it less critical.

> Other issue: dialog flags.
>
> The proposal just allows setting a dflag during onreply_route. This
> makes a lot of sense as there is no dialog yet in route, branch_route
> and failure_route. So setdflag() function just could be inoked in
> onreply_route. Is it ok?

Dialogs are already established in spiraling cases, however. Might it
prove useful if dflag manipulation worked the instant a spiral is
happening (which may be in route or branch_route)?

Cheers,

--Timo