[sr-dev] Makefile.vars is not used when compiling "make deb"

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 21:04:38 CEST 2010

On 4/9/10 4:36 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, compiling with "make deb" makes usage of the config.h in which I
> can set the PKG memory. This valua can also be set (in a more
> fashioned way) in Makefile.vars along with other parameters as MEMDBG.
>
> However "make deb" doesn't read Makefile.vars so memory debugging is
> not compiled. Perhaps I should add "-DDBG_QM_MALLOC" somewhere in the
> debian rules file?
> But more important, is it possible to share an unique "custom
> parameters" file readable when using "make deb" or whatever "make
> xxxxx"?

the problem is that make deb is executed from Makefile and later
executes again Makefile, so it is a sub-make command that does not
inherit values from Makefile.vars.

The solution is to export MEMDBG (and probably the other makefile.vars
variables), something like

MEMDBG=1
export MEMDBG

in Makefile.vars