[sr-dev] Feature request: sql row number, route-specific avps

Jasmin Schnatterbeck js at data-cmr.net
Fri Apr 2 17:07:51 CEST 2010

Hi Henning,

thank you for your e-mail.

I use the function sql_query() instead of avp_db_query now, works
perfectly...

Regarding the route specific AVPs the idea is to make it possible to
have something like "private" variables (compared with e.g. c-code).

If private variables would be available, they would be very useful for
recursive route calls. Otherwise (as you have stated) you need different
variables for every recursion. The same with iterations, because if you
convert the recursion to an iteration, you need a stack to save values
temporarily (of course the same happens with recursions, but then you do
not have to do it by yourself) and (that's the main problem) at this
point, you do not now, how many recursion levels will be there, so you
do not know also, how much avps/variables you need to save the stack.

With avp_pushto (as I understand the module doc) it is only possible to
push avps into sip-msg (r-uri/domain etc.). Or can you also use that
function to build something like a memory stack?

Cheers ;-)
Jasmin