[sr-dev] SER crash : Segmentation fault

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Sep 24 23:09:13 CEST 2009

On Sep 24, 2009 at 15:49, inge <inge at legos.fr> wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> Thanks for the 0.9.8 release.
> We upgraded our proxy yesterday with sucess.
>
> But we had another crash of SER in this morning.
> The cause seem to be defferent than the previous one.
>
> Attached is a backtrace from the coredump.
> Is there a bug related to that in the last 0.9.x version ?

No, this is a new one.
It was introduced in 0.9.7. A very safe looking optimization was
backported from unstable (at that time). Unfortunately the optimization
had a bug and although it was quickly fixed in unstable, the fix was not
backported to 0.9.7.

Try the attached patch (patch -p2 < auth_db_empty_usernames_fix.patch ).

It seems I'll have to release 0.9.9 :-(

Andrei