[sr-dev] some sip router processes won't die

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Sep 23 20:22:01 CEST 2009

On Sep 23, 2009 at 21:06, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> i have noticed that when i try to restart sr, quite often three of the
> processes won't die immediately.  top show that two of them spend quite
> a lot cpu time.
>
> they go away after a minute or two.
>
> any idea why this happens and how to make sr all sr processes to die
> reliably?

Probably some process refuses to terminate (bug).
They die after a minute because that's when the shutdown timeout kicks
in (if all the processes and the cleanup take longer then 1 minute,
sr/ser will kill itself). You can change this timeout using exit_timeout
 in sr.cfg.

If it happens again, could you try to attach with gdb to the processes
eating the cpu and send me some back traces and the output of print
pt[process_no]? You could try using a larger exit_timeout (e.g.
exit_timeout=1800), just to  be sure you'll catch them.

Andrei