[sr-dev] git:andrei/send_flags: core: new close after send and reuse only script functions

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Sep 21 12:54:43 CEST 2009

> Great!
>
> I have documented the new function.
> http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel#set_forward_no_connect

Thanks!

> Andrei, please verify if I understood correct and the examples are correct.

Yes, they are correct.
There are some differences if you use them in other type of routes.
For example in onsend_routes and branch routes, only the set_forward*
 work and they will apply only to the current message / current branch.

E.g.:
onsend_route{
    if(to_ip!=10.0.0.0/8){
        #only reuse connection for IPs outside the local net
        set_foward_no_connect();
    }
}

In a reply route they will apply only to the current reply (so you will
see their effect only if the current reply "wins" and it's forwarded).

As you said set_*_close() must be used with care (and in general they
should be avoided). Especially dangerous is the combination of
set_*_close() and set_*_no_connect() (it works only once, after that no
further messages can be forwarded to the same destination).
The primary purpose of set_*_close() is for xmlrpc use (work around
against the python xmlrpc client bug).

> I suspect those functions work with TLS too? What about SCTP?

Yes, they work with TLS. They don't work yet with SCTP (but I'll add
support for them to SCTP later).

> What happens if the functions are called for UDP transport - I hope they
> will be ignored and do not make noisy log-statements.

Nothing, they are ignored.

Andrei