[sr-dev] siprouter.org domain

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Sep 18 23:45:35 CEST 2009

Hi Greger,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Greger Viken Teigre <gregert at teigre.com> wrote:
> I just realized today that I have the siprouter.org domain (for pre-historic
> reasons that I don't even remember). It didn't even have proper DNS, but I
> have set that up and pointed www. to the same ip as www (but the server does
> not recognize the siprouter.org domain). Or maybe I should use CNAME?
> Who is the keeper of DNS for sip-router.org? Let's sync up so at least
> siprouter.org redirects correctly the most important addresses.

I suggest the following settings:

A records:

git.siprouter.org -> 78.46.218.34
*.siprouter.org -> 78.46.218.35
siprouter.org -> 78.46.218.35

CNAME records:
cvs.siprouter.org -> git.siprouter.org

If you also want tor redirect email traffic then you can add MX records too:

10 siprouter.org -> smtp.iptel.org
20 siprouter.org -> lists.iptel.org

I will configured the web server to redirect your domain to
sip-router.org and git.sip-router.org respectively. Let me know if you
are going to setup the MX records, in that case I will also
re-configure the mail server.

  thanks! Jan.