[sr-dev] SER crash : Segmentation fault

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Sep 16 12:49:27 CEST 2009

On Sep 16, 2009 at 10:47, inge <inge at legos.fr> wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> I'm Nicolas and I'm working with Adrien on crashes experienced on our
> SER server during the last months.
>
> We had 4 crashes on 11 jun 2009, 13 aug 2009, 11 sept 2009 and 12 sept
> 2009.
> Every of this crash have a similar call flow, as seen in the one
> attached: SER crashes when trying to process an ACK from the CPE for the
> previously relayed "482 Loop Detected" from the gateway.
>
> >From coredump analysis, the crash occures when trying to match the ack
> totag with a the out of bound local_totag from the corresponding tm
> entry (see attached coredump analysis)

Yes, I saw the same thing.

> It seems to me that there is a bug, and I didn't find any patch for
> this, even in the last 2.0 versions.

Yes, it's a bug, but things changed a lot between versions.
It might be fixed even in 0.9.7.

> Do you have any idea about this problem ?

No.

> Is this bug already known ?

No.

If you can reproduce it easily, try it with 0.9.7 (it will work with the
same config as 0.9.4, you don't have to change anything).
If you can still see it, try compiling with debug support
(make proper; make mode=debug all  and also don't forget to recompile
with mode=debug any other module you might be using that is not covered
by make all). After this the coredumps should be "better" (more info,
no variables will be optimized to registers).

Hopefully 0.9.7 will solve your problems. If it doesn't then send me again
some backtraces and/or the coredump + binaries (unfortunately the code
is very old and I'm not any longer familiar with it).

Andrei