[sr-dev] scope of AVPs (AVP defined when execution of script starts)

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Tue Sep 1 10:36:59 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Daniel-Constantin
Mierla<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31.08.2009 19:31 Uhr, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>>
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>>
>>  > there was an overlapping between avp flag values used by avpops and sr
>>  > core. Should be fixed now. Let me know if works.
>>
>> now it works, i.e., avps loaded with avp_db_load are not anymore visible
>> to next request.
>>

> ok.
>
> On the other hand, I find a bit complex and confusing keeping the type of
> avp list as flag while they are also different lists -- meant here the ser
> avp lists - from, to, domain, global, ...

Do you mean the flags passed to add_avp and other avp related
functions? Those flags are used to make the avp interface backwards
compatible (without specifying any of the flags the interface still
works as expected). Modules are not supposed to work with avp lists
directly and most modules only need to specify whether they want to
search the from or to AVPs. Those flags do not map directly to
individual lists, there is some extra logic behind them in the avp
code.

  Jan.