[sr-dev] tcp problem

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Oct 30 18:29:56 CET 2009

On Oct 30, 2009 at 18:57, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > I can add the force_send_socket() sets src. for tcp new connection
>  > feature quite easily, the question is whether or not to do it on sr_3.0.
>  > One difference from k would be that in k (and older ser) a connection
>  > from IP1->X is equivalent to IP2->x (only the destination is used, if
>  > for example you do force_send_socket(IP2); forward...(X) and a connection
>  > from IP1 -> X already exists, this connection will be used and no new
>  > connection will be created) while in sr the connections will be
>  > different (both the source and the destinations are used => in the above
>  > example a new IP2 -> X connection will be opened even if IP1 -> X
>  > already exists which IMHO is the correct thing to do).
>
> in k i have had to call force_send_socket(EXTERNAL_IP:5060) when requests
> comes to proxy from proxy itself at 127.0.0.1 and goes out to an UA.  if
> i don't do that, source ip in the outgoing request would be 127.0.0.1.
> this is both in case of initial and in-dialog requests.
>
> is this compatible and works as is with sr or do i need to make some
> changes in my sr config?

It should work out of the box without any force_send_socket, if I understand
you correctly.
The source ip will be 127.0.0.1 only if you send to 127.0.0.1 (or if you
have some strange routing table). If you skip the force_send_socket(), the IP
in Via & RR will be the IP of the first listen address that is not
localhost or mcast.

Andrei