[sr-dev] Modules_s :: Missing docs

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Oct 23 16:13:16 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>>> fifo
>>
>> This module is not needed anymore, it is in the repository for
>> historic reasons and we can remove it. The ctl module replaces the
>> fifo module.
>
> Even with code freeze?

No, I will wait with such changes, but it probably won't be included
in the release.

>>> print_lib
>>
>> This is an example module for developers, it does nothing.
>
> Still needs documentation that says "/* If you can't read C-code, then skip
> this module. */"

OK, that makes sense.

>>> unixsock
>>
>> The same as fifo, we can remove it, it was replaced by ctl module.
>
> Thanks for feedback!

You are welcome, thanks for bringing all this up! Such lists of things
we need to take care of are extremely useful for us. I think this kind
of fresh perspective from someone who has not been working on the code
for years is something we desperately need.

  -- Jan