[sr-dev] Revision $Revision$ $Date$

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Fri Oct 23 15:45:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> The subversion tags doesn't seem to work in SIP, which will affect
> documentation files (as well as all the code files, but I worry most about
> docs now).
>
> Any ideas on how to handle this?

AFAIK there is no equivalent of $Revision$, $Id$, or $Date$ in git.

What I think we should do here is create a new makefile target for
documentation, something like make release-doc, that will retrieve the
current version of sip-router from its Makefile system and re-generate
all documentation so that it includes correct version.

We can then run this whenever we make a release, I could also update
my server-side scripts to update the version string for the files
available online at http://sip-router.org.

I agree that we should have version information in documentation
files, especially those that are available online, and I think we
should do this before we make a release.

  -- Jan