[sr-dev] db_flatstore docs

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 20 20:54:44 CEST 2009

20 okt 2009 kl. 20.12 skrev Jan Janak:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>
> wrote:
>> ...talks about a new FIFO command. I am changing that to rpc - right?
>
> Maybe "a new management command" would be even better for
> documentation, that wording is not tied to any particular interface or
> technology.

If I understood Andrei, rpc is the core interface, xmlrpc, binrpc and
others
are just the various interfaces on top of this.
But I do agree, using "rpc" is confusing. And "new" doesn't apply in
this
file any more. I think naming the section "management interface" or
"management commands" is a good choice.

>> What will the replacement of this example be:
>>
>> serctl fifo flat_rotate
>
> Currently "sercmd flatstore.rotate", but the change of the tool might
> change in the future, but don't worry about that now.

sercmd is defined in our dictionary, so that won't be a problem. When
we change that, all docs will be updated. The power of docbook, you
know :-)

/O