[sr-dev] Why fetch docbook stylesheets remotely?

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Sat Oct 17 17:20:02 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 16 okt 2009 kl. 18.54 skrev Jan Janak:
>
> Now, is the catalog.xml protected by .gitignore? If I have to change it and
> later commits, I see another oej mistake coming along...

Not it is not. .gitignore only works on files that are not tracked in
the repository.

If you want make git ignore your local changes to docbook/catalog.xml
then you can use the following command:

  git update-index --assume-unchanged docbook/catalog.xml

This sets a special bit for the file and git will ignore any changes
you do in your copy of the file, until you cancel it again with git
update-index --no-assume-unchanged.

  -- Jan