[sr-dev] git:kamailio_3.0: core: added new event SREV_CORE_STATS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:46:38 CEST 2009

Hello Juha,

On 15.10.2009 17:14 Uhr, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i didn't get any answer to my question about this commit.
>
> it looks to me that there is now two versions of sip-router core.  i
> thought that the agreement was that there is only one core and that all
> commits to core are done to sr_3.0 branch.
>
> can someone explain to me what is going on?  am i missing something?
> why this commit could not use done to sr_3.0 perhaps #ifdef kamailio or
> something like that so that there would be only one core?

the aim for Kamailio 3.0 is to ensure easy migration and no-feature-loss
(as much as possible) from Kamailio 1.5.

There are some features that could not be included in SR core because of
decision to go for a better version in the near future. The "completely
same core+tm framework" is targeted with the next release, after
Kamailio 3.0/SER 3.0 milestone.

Since K 3.0 has pretty tight schedule in release policy, some of these
patches go first there, but can be ported to sr3.0 if people find them
useful and if there are devs having time for them in this period, or
after K3.0 release, either directly or in defines.

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/