[sr-dev] garbage in outgoing sip request

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Oct 15 18:14:14 CEST 2009

On Oct 15, 2009 at 17:54, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> andrei,
>
> i looked again your core: fix memleak in fixup_free* commit and there
> you say:
>
> It should have no impact, since at this point nobody seems to use
>  any fixup_free* functions.
>
> what do you mean by that, because there are many sr and k modules that
> use various fixup_free functions?

No, there aren't any.
The only functions that call a free_fixup* are search_append_api()
and search_api() from textops_k and they aren't called by any module on
the repository at this time.

Some k modules register fixup_free_* functions in their cmd_exports, but
nobody calls them ever (I understood the reason for them was the perl
module, which is no longer maintained).

In the future I was thinking of calling them at shutdown time, to get
nicer memory status, but I refrained to add this now because of the
release.

Andrei